Estate Planning can give you the remarkable peace of mind that comes from knowing you have provided for your loved ones and made things easier for them in the event of your incapacity or death.
We not only help our clients create the necessary documentation for Estate Planning, including a Will, Durable Powers of Attorney, and a Health Care Directive; we go beyond basic Estate Planning. For each client we serve, we create a unique and comprehensive Estate Plan that addresses their needs in detail, protects their assets, and addresses every contingency they or their family may face with aging, illness, or incapacity.
Our particular focus on Asset Protection Estate Planning™, Medicaid Asset Preservation Strategies™, and Long-Term Care Planning means your loved ones and your assets are protected.
Fundamental Aspects of Asset Protection Estate Planning™
Asset Protection Estate Planning™ involves many different components, depending on your desires and the needs of your loved ones. Our goal is to help you achieve all of your objectives with respect to your assets, future care of your heirs, and matters related to end-of-life.
Some of the fundamental aspects of Asset Protection Estate Planning™ include the following:
- Choosing a Personal Representative to handle all matters related to your estate.
- Protecting assets for your beneficiaries where appropriate through creation of an asset protection Supplemental Needs Trust in your Will.
- Designating an Attorney-in-Fact for financial and medical decisions to speak on your behalf, should you become incapacitated.
- Documenting your wishes as to medical and end-of-life care decisions.
- Naming a guardian for your minor or disabled children.
- Simplifying your estate to the greatest degree possible without sacrificing asset protection, thereby making things easier for your surviving family members during what is likely to be a difficult and emotional time in their lives.
Asset Protection Estate Planning™ takes a more comprehensive approach to the disposition of your assets following your death. We work hand-in-hand with our clients to design a plan that does more than simplify or eliminate the probate process. Our holistic approach to Estate Planning ensures your wishes are carried out, minimizes taxes and liens, and gives you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your surviving spouse or domestic partner and family will be taken care of after you are gone.
Creating an Asset Protection Estate Plan™ Tailored to Meet Your Goals
At Elder Law Group PLLC we do not focus just on basic Estate Planning, we focus all of our efforts on protecting the assets you have worked so hard to earn and ensuring your wishes are carried out. Our attorneys have the skill and knowledge to consider all aspect of your situation, explore available options, and help you create the Asset Protection Estate Plan™ that is best tailored to meet your goals.
Contact us or call (509) 468-0551 (Spokane office), or (509) 579-0206 (Tri-Cities office), for personal, compassionate, and competent guidance on Asset Protection Estate Planning™ and other Elder Law issues.